Monday, June 27, 2011

Thrifting disappointment

OK so this weekend I went to the Goodwill and the Savers on Santa Fe in Olathe. I must say I was disappointed. I did get a few cute pillow cases (pictures to come) but over all I was not impressed.

First Savers, the positive points were that the store was big and clean and looks more like a retail store than most thrift store. I did find lots of pillowcases but the housewares section didn't have anything worth picking up and the toy section left lots to be desired. I think the store is larger than the one on 95th st but I will be sticking with the other store for sure. I thought in general the quality of merchandise was not as good.

Then on to Goodwill it had more of a thrift store (we came in put some stuff and a few posters in an already existing space) feel to it and when I went to the bathroom the lock was broke uggh. There were lots of clothes which I was not there to find but the stuff section was slim pickings. I will say the pricing is set per type of item so I find this is the best type of store to get a deal at. For example all size 2t clothing is $1.89 so it doesn't matter if it came from Walmart or Gymboree its the same price. I did buy a metal plate there for a cake stand I am making and the Furniture section had some decent deal if you were looking for furniture. The toy section again not the best.

So we ended up in Target to get a new toy since there was nothing at either thrift store. Over all not a successful thrifting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment